Founded by Kevin Ryan (of Gilt Groupe, MongoDB and Business Insider) and three serial entrepreneurs in 2014, we are are leading the charge to modernize the antiquated commercial interiors industry. Workframe reduces the time and effort required to design, build, furnish and manage an amazing workplace so that our customers can focus on growing their businesses. Design decisions and facilities management can be handled more quickly, efficiently and affordably than ever before with our innovative collaboration tools, design technologies and our network of passionate professionals.
About the Role
The Construction Estimator will be an integral member of our Project Management & Construction team. Reporting directly to the Project Management & Construction Lead, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading pre-construction cost planning including the development of conceptual and schematic cost estimates as well as project schedules. Provide value engineering (VE) analysis as an integral part of establishing project control budgets;
- Maintaining positive client and vendor relationships by providing and facilitating design feedback, cost control, and overall project team communication;
- Organizing and managing a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is benchmarked and utilized;
- Review plans and specifications, prepare quantity takeoffs, and solicit bids on assigned projects to deliver professional and accurate cost forecasts. Identify scope gaps and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimating package
At Workframe, we seek to hire outstanding individuals who embody our DESIGN principles: our people are Diligent, Engaged, Scrappy, Innovative, Genuine and Nurturing. You’re a great fit if you enjoy tackling big problems head-on, take your work seriously (but not yourself), do your best when collaborating with others and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree from a leading institution, preferably in Architecture, Construction Management, Facilities Management Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- 4-7 years of construction estimating experience – ideally in interior office
- Competent with estimating, scheduling and spreadsheet applications/softwares
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset – you’re a self starter and looking to tackle problems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to a process